Thursday, December 17, 2009

An Angel at Church

S0mehow I guess I wasn't meant to know until now… a couple weeks ago maybe three? I slipped it in my Bible to open at home so I wasn't distracted during service. Well I got home took care of business and I fed Chris We had been having lots of struggles in our marriage, finances, and well just altogether, God had been providing so I didn't think much of it, He always provides and he NEVER fails to come through.


 

Well, somehow, I had gotten a card from my secret sister in there too and I thought I had opened the other card, I didn't realize that it wasn't the same card, I was getting the paper out to fill out for the 2010 Secret Sisters, and saw the card, I figured it had just resealed itself (that happens in my stuff a lot) I open it up, An Emerald Green Thinking of You Card with no signature at all, I open it up, and out falls a $50 bill) Hmmm, Must be heaven sent, God knew we were going to be really tight this week, While we don't celebrate Christmas with all the trimmings like normal people, we do celebrate New Years and do like to give Lauren a gift or two, this year, she is getting a homemade Tutu and a single toy (and hopefully a Cookbook for kids, since she is learning to cook with REAL foods)


 

I do not know who gave the card, but I am grateful, I can't say thank you, but chances are, if they wanted me to know, they would have put their name on it.

I have done that before too…when I had money…Its always nice to bless someone secretly, I hope the gifter is as blessed as I feel right now…I feel kind of silly about it sitting in my bible for almost a full month, but it was a pay week it got here, and I almost wonder if I wouldn't have had the full appreciation then since we had the two checks deposited then…today we are approaching the end of the month where finances are the tightest and the need is the greatest (I get my disability

on the 3rd) so the last two weeks are always the toughest since all of our bills come out the 15-25th

I am so glad God provides how he does, even when it's sitting there waiting for us.


 

This week has provided a lot on my mind, a professor of mine from my first time in college passed away this week of Pancreatic Cancer, Penny Mauldin was a very sweet lady who I had for Chemistry back in 1996 at Lee University. Both her and her husband were professors at the school, friends of mine had Dr. Walt Mauldin for Music classes, if I read correctly he is now in a very High role possibly Vice President, I read it at about 2-3 this morning, that is a great loss for the school and the entire community of Cleveland has suffered a great loss losing her, but this gift I received reminded me of a much smaller gift, but just as perfectly timed and Just as secretive.

It was 1995, I was a college student FAR far from home, 12 hours away to be exact, I was 19 years old, I had NO clean clothes, Laundry soap, but no quarters or money to change into quarters for the machines downstairs. I was so stressed. I lived on the third floor of the dorms and would not be going home for another month and really could not afford to hand wash for another month (I walked down for the millionth time, no that's not an exaggeration, to check the mail, I was lonely and I really just wanted to go home…and in my mail box was a letter from my pastors wife…I had grown up in this church, she had known me since the early 80's The note just read that someone wanted to make sure I had enough to meet my needs, it was the first of many gifts I received throughout my stay away from home, I received a laundry allowance when I wrote my thank you back explaining how it was such an answer to prayer, it seems funny now, but I had NEVER heard of George Mueller back then, and now, I read about him and have studied him and his faith and our family has kind of adopted the do not ask, but pray mentality…If God believes we should have it HE will provide…and he Always has.

No comments: