Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Do you Remember Where you were?

September 11, 2001
I do. On that fateful day, I did not see it fresh in the news, I awoke to the fact that my Neurosurgeon was told about the towers while inserting a shunt. My shunt.
I am more thankful than ever that God was in that operating room because 6 years later it has not failed yet, and To be honest, I was a wreck after hearing about the towers, so I am blessed that my doctor didn't get shook up.

We had miscarried that June, then I had the harshest of my PTC attacks that August, which is what led to the shunt being inserted on that day.

It was so long ago, six years, my baby wasn't even conceived yet. Bug was not conceived til October 7, 2001, a mere month later.
She does not know much about what went on that fateful day in 2001 before she was born. We rarely watch non Sky angel TV, so she does not hear the news. We will teach her about this as well as other parts of American History.

Many people gave their lives today, totally unprepared when they left for work that morning. How do you prepare for something like that? You really cannot. Those people are truly heroes, They brought a divided nation together.

I think its so peculiar. We have a lot of people who claim that they are not Christian, and more that claim that they are, but the one commonality, when problems strike, WE all Pray. We call out to our creator.
I grew up between two non Christian homes. My Family went to church, believed FIRMLY in God, and my neighbors, well, they didn't, But when things went wrong.... Guess who they called to pray with and for them? You guessed it, they came to us. As Christians, we are there for people to come to. Perhaps One day, they will not come to us, but rather Go straight to the source.
Share that source. God wants us to share his love and faithfulness.

Take time today to remember the Patriots. Those who have given their lives for your freedom. We are Free. We are free to speak, disrespect (what a shame that we have THAT freedom) and Free to believe what we choose.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Where the Spirit of the Lord is, There is Freedom. Or in a different version, There is Liberty.

No comments: