Monday, November 17, 2008

That wasn't half as bad as I expected it to be

Today was the Rheumatology appointment, I was nervous, and it showed, my blood pressure is normally 136/80 or so, Today, 196/72 a bit high, she laughed when I told her it was nerves.

She doesn't seem to think its Lupus but rather Neuro-Muscular. She is running a bunch of blood work anyhow, I didn't ask what, it just makes me think too much and worry more.

She gave me a steroid shot to help decrease the inflammation and tenderness in the office, how fun is that. Woo Hoo, blech, yuck, lol. Then she wrote out a couple scripts, one for a muscle relaxant and the other an NSAID that is supposed to work a bit differently than the others I have tried.

She did mention that quite a few muscles are really tender not just the ones we thought about, she said there was quite a bit of tenderness in the chest muscles as well as back, neck, thigh, shoulders, and leg.

I go back on December 9th for the follow up.

As for how I have been feeling, tired about sums it up, all I want to do is sleep. I am in lots of pain, but all I want to do is sleep and sleep and sleep, and NO, I am not depressed, I am just exhausted.
I do things around the house, I teach Lauren, we play, but mostly I rest, by body is draining me of all energy.

No comments: