Friday, February 12, 2010

Stop the Ride I want to get off NOW!!!

I am totally exhausted; 5:45am came mighty early today. I woke up and got ready to head out to Henry Ford for my MRI, it seemed really weird having one without contrast, but I was NOT complaining, I hate those things. I am not sure, but I have a gut feeling unless this doc is really good at looking at the old and new stuff, he is going to want them repeated anyhow. Since Dr. Turner ordered it without the contrast, even the tech seemed kind of shocked, after all brain MRI's always use contrast…but since it was a neuro who ordered it she didn't question it.


 

Well, I was hovering around an 8-9 for my pain level, very low for me, I actually could say I felt good, by the time I left, I had spiked, and now I would say I am more like a 12-15, my eyes hurt my neck is stiff and my back is very sore.

Last night my neurologist called, he wanted me to pick up lab results, I am glucose intolerant, my only normal result was a fasting blood sugar, and it was 105 it was supposed to be between 65-105, so I barely made the cut. My half hour draw was 181, it was supposed to be between 110-170, 1 hour was 186, supposed to be between 120-170, and 2 hours was 159 supposed to be between 70 and 120 My vitamin D is low too, but the reference and stuff on the report is not as clear to me for reading it.

I am just exhausted I felt a little overwhelmed, I was not prepared for those results, I have previously had one result off lots of times but this is the first time I have had all 3 off. The endocrinologist had already prescribed metformin, so hopefully between that and diet we can keep this from becoming full blown type 2 diabetes like mom has.

No comments: