Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving dinner had some alterations to my usual this year. I only cooked a Turkey breast since I can no longer lift a whole turkey. This will actually be good in more ways than one since it means we won't be throwing out a lot of dark meat that no one likes.

We decided not to go to my in-laws after some, let's call them issues, in September. I didn't want to deal with the hassle and well, no offense, but I have always had Thanksgiving at my house and they did it on Friday til this year, I wasn't giving up my tradition cause they wanted a change. I am SO glad I didn't back down this year. I was so sick yesterday and today I didn't feel well most of the day, so being around people and smells would have not gone over well, my family is one thing, they are so used to me being sick, but others, well they don't get it despite saying how much they understand it.

I also made REAL mashed potatoes, Sweet Potato Casserole, Garlic Green Beans, Dressing, and Cranberry Relish. We forgot the rolls, oops, I guess they will be buns for something.

My pain levels have been fairly steady, I am dealing with a lot of insomnia, my CPAP was upped to 15, not much change, but I am still not sleeping much.

My neurologist changed my Lasix at this appointment, we upped it to 40mg in the morning and 20mg at night, keeping all my other meds the same. I have to call her if I up it to 40 am and PM but I am not to do that for at least 2-3 weeks. She also changed my anti-emetic to Phenergan to see if that helps better than the zofran did (it wasn't working very well, the 8mg worked a little better but, not great)

As for the Victoza, I am now on the 1.8mg the injections hurt a bit more, and they make me shaky for a few minutes, but, no other side effects except continued weight loss. It's a SLOW process though, but it came on slowly too, so I am ok with that. The support board said the average was 10lbs in 2 months, so being down over 7lbs in less than 3 weeks I am happy. My appetite has gone down and I am learning to control portions better (today is a little bit different though)

I have counted my blessings over on Facebook, I am so grateful for my friends there, IH and Chiari have been a very big challenge for me, and not going through it alone has made my life so much easier.

No comments: