Thursday, July 26, 2007

Peace at Last

What is Peace?
According to Merriam Webster
Main Entry: peace
Function:
noun: a state of tranquillity or quiet: as a : a state of security or order within a community provided for by law or custom b : freedom from civil disturbance.

So Peace is basically quiet security. I haven't had a lot of peace in my life lately, it seems that challenges are magnetically attracted to me, for what reason, I would love to comprehend, but that is not for me to understand at this time.
Currently I am seeking Peace, there are many decisions that I need the security in knowing that I am making the right choice.
So while limiting my time with distractions, I have been focusing more on being a better Wife and Mother...the two callings that are most important to me at this time. The phone has been turned off while I spend time focusing on being a parent during the day, the messengers as well as they hold me captive to my computer, keeping me from enjoying the job that God gave me.

Bug has really enjoyed the peace in our home the last few days as well, Today she even put an ENTIRE US puzzle together, matching names and locations to the box, ok, so she is 5, she doesn't know where all the states go on her own, but this is a great way for her to learn. We both are enjoying the time together and having fewer and fewer battles in the home.
DH, the darling is also enjoying me not being so distracted all the time. We have missed each other due to an avalanche of complaints coming from both of us about life in general.

Matthew 12:34b says....out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks.
What is your overflow saying? As for this house, we are watching what comes out of our mouth so that it will please Christ, and no more be edifying the devil.

No comments: