Saturday, July 28, 2007

Why I don't plan on Working from Home

Ok, I don't get it, is there something wrong with being a stay at home mom? I have a full time Job, I am a Teacher, a Maid, a Cook, a Nurse, a Nanny....oh I could go on and on, but I wont. My job works me nearly 18 hours a day on a good day, heaven forbid BUG or DH get really sick, which then nets me LOTS of overtime. I don't have time to GO to work, nor do I have time to look for other work.
Money? You say, what about the money? Well God has always provided for our needs, even when I couldn't see how, he was still there providing exactly what we needed and then some. See, we live a luxurious life, we have two and a half vehicles (one is dead waiting to be donated to charity) We own a home, although its not paid off yet, it is ours, We have lovely Christian Satellite TV all of our bills are paid, we may not have extras left over, but we are definitely not poor.
I have thought about doing a home business before, but that would take away from my other responsibilities. My take, if your needs are met, you don't need a work from home job just as you don't need a work away from home job. If you do need it, chances are, you just may be spending more than you need to, so take the time, when finances are tight and evaluate needs versus wants...make sure you are totally honest with yourself, and re prioritize.

No comments: