Saturday, January 26, 2008

Changes

I am going back to school. While I love being a stay at home mom, Dh is not making enough to cut it. He is making enough to pay the bills BARELY. The stress has been affecting us in ways beyond comprehension.

After a LOT of prayer, we decided that after I recover I am going to apply to go back to school. It will basically be like starting over again which does not thrill me at all, but at the same time, I need to be able to be obedient to my husband. God actually laid it on my heart BEFORE he said anything.
Honestly I feel that when I finish school, DH will be staying home and homeschooling bug mostly instead of me. I handle stress better, I miss being around people and not just kid style people, lol, and overall, I have wanted to do something like this for a long time....just had to wait for God's perfect timing.

When DH and I talked about it the first time, I felt kinda bad, because I was not doing what I wanted to do, I had resolved to get a degree doing a desk job....while I liked that choice of work, I really felt like I was just doing it for the wrong reasons. I did not feel I was going back out of respect for him, I did not feel like I was going back because I wanted to help with the finances, it just felt wrong all the way around.
Well after much praying, knowing that I was supposed to go back to school, I just kept feeling it all the way around, in everything I did. Well, I prayed, asked God to tell me what I was supposed to be studying, (I had changed majors so many times I didn't have a clue what I wanted to do by this point, ten years after I left school) I sat down, and Thought of all I wanted to do, I am going back to my original education plan and going into nursing.

Well I have rambled long enough, I am excited, happy, thrilled, and I guess relieved. I don't have to worry about DH being too stressed over things much more.

No comments: