Sunday, January 6, 2008

Prayer

God has given us a tremendous blessing. He allows us to communicate with him.
Right now in our church we are having a time of fasting and prayer expecting God to do mighty things in our church, city, families, finances, health, etc.

This morning, pastor spoke about Joshua and how the priests carrying the Arc of the Covenant had to get their feet wet when Crossing the Jordan River. They did not know what was going to happen, all they knew is that they had to WALK in the Water. Walking through the water was not an easy thing, the Arc was very heavy, after all it was made of Gold. Often times God asks us to step into the water, to trust that he is going to provide the resources needed to get through to the next point.

Tonight, we prayed specifically for Healing and for Finances. We also prayed for our pastor, leadership, the women of the church, the youth and the children.
When we were praying for healing God gave me peace that he was in control of my health, yes, I still have to have my shunt replaced, but he will be there with me, yes, right now I feel like the woman with the issue of blood, but he is going to be there and take care of that too. He is the God of healing, perfectly capable of healing no matter what means he chooses.

Then we prayed for finances, Our finances are tighter than tight, yet, I knew God wanted me to remain a stay at home homeschooling mom, not going out to find work to help meet the needs. When pastor got to me, the things he said really really blessed me. God told him things when praying for our families finances that only God could know, I had been praying for Wisdom with how to handle the budget, He prayed for God to give me wisdom (I did not share anything I had been praying for) Then he prayed over my hands, Said they were creative hands, and that God was going to bless those hands in our finances.

I love when God confirms what we already feel. Its nice to know we are on track with him.

No comments: