Thursday, January 3, 2008

It's Official

Shunt is being replaced, Surgery scheduled for February 1, 2008, DH says the world is going to end based off off the fact that when the original went in it was 9-11.

Ironically, I am more nervous about leaving Lauren overnight than I am about having major surgery in which I know I can not have pain meds til the next day.

Its an added inspiration to get our schedule really worked out though so that my mom can do things with Lauren while I am in the hospital without needing to wonder what to do when. They say it takes 21 days to form a habit, and we have a mere 28 days to get it, so I am going to have to be EXTRA diligent.
Its a good thing that God had already laid it on my heart to head that direction.
Starting on Monday we will begin our new Home school schedule, it will be a lot simpler than I had originally planned.

We will simply be doing the three R's plus phonics.
When I feel up to it, we will start the Weaver curriculum. I do not want to start something just to have to shelf it again until a later time.

When we decide what curriculum we will be using next year, since she has been working on both K and 1st stuff, we may be able to start her in some second grade material at that point as well.

No comments: