Thursday, November 8, 2007

Grocery Shopping

Tomorrow is grocery day, I am spending a minimum of $40 and that's just meat.
My favorite meat market has not had a good sale in a while, but when they have good sales, they have REALLY good sales. Tomorrow I am picking up $19.90 worth of Boneless Skinless Chicken breast, ten pounds.
I am also picking up 10 pounds of Ground Chuck for the same 19.90, not bad. I will spend most of Saturday packaging for the freezer, and preparing meals ahead. I have this wonderful cookbook called Don't Panic, Dinner's in the Freezer, so far, every meal we have made out of there has been a hit, granted I do NOT cook things I know my family wont like either though.

I have a 20 meal plan that we rotate through, we do try new recipes occasionally as well as I have some Lazy days and make something out of a box but that is extremely rare anymore and we do go out too much too, but we are trying to curb that down to once a week.
I also have to go to the Three local grocery stores as well, this week they are having good stock up sales. By the time I am done this week, all I will need is to hit Sam's for my bulk purchases and we will be good for the month, Maybe longer.

No comments: