Friday, November 16, 2007

One Down, One to go

Ok, this blog has taken a totally different direction than I was prepared for. When I started writing down what my life was about, I was not planning on a recurrence of the PTC.

Yesterday I had my opthamology appointment. It was interesting to say the least. I discovered I really do know my body pretty well, when he called Dr. Silverman to give him the report, he said exactly what I was prepared for, the swelling has not gone away, but he can not tell how new it is since it appears more chronic than acute (Perhaps that's from having it diagnosed for 9 years)
I also learned that I have some minor permanent vision loss, the best they can get my glasses now is 20/25 and 20/30, while still not bad, this is the first time they have not been able to get it down to 20/20.
Overall it was not a bad appointment, Long, yes, bad no. He wants to follow up in a year and continue to monitor the papilledema as well, which figures, lol....I was supposed to be following that all along except that I was allowed to see an optometrist and they don't check as thoroughly because its beyond their scope of expertise and he couldn't see anything, oops.

So on Tuesday, I finish up my tests that Dr. Silverman ordered and next Monday I find out what they found. In the meantime, we are taking some time off of school so that I don't get too frustrated with BUG. We will start again in January with real school, right now, Bug is enjoying doing a lot of reading, but that's about the extent of it.

No comments: