Monday, November 5, 2007

Lazy or Convenient

Today Bug and I made what I am calling Bread Machine starters. I have only used my bread machine once due to the time it takes me to get all of the ingredients into the machine (I know its supposedly more convenient, but I am lazy and it takes motivation to use any tool, and lately, I lack ANY motivation to use ANYTHING)

Today I had a bit of energy, something I haven't had a lot of lately, actually I cant remember the last time I felt good before late evening. So I took advantage today. I got things done, Dishes, School prep, school sort, Bug even did school and has done extra today. Then since I was still feeling pretty okay, I decided that the bread machine saves us significantly, so I was going to make some kits so I can just Throw it together. Now, when I want to make a loaf, I put in 1cup plus 2Tbsp of Water, 1 Tbsp soft butter, and the mix, then drop in two and a half teaspoons of Yeast punch in basic, medium, and start, and 3 hours later, I have bread.

My kits (I got 5 loaves of bread out of 1 5lb bag of flour) consist of 3 cups Flour, 1 Tbsp, Powdered milk, 2Tbsp Sugar, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.

No comments: