Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Wait

Oh how impatient am I? Let me Count the ways.

In case you haven't noticed, God is certainly allowing my patience to be worked right now, and I am failing miserably. Yesterday my appointment took just over an hour and a half before I got home from the doctors office, I love my neurosurgeon, I was so upset when I walked in their and his smile fixed that part at least.

Now I am waiting on the call from the hospital to schedule the fluoroscopic lumbar puncture. In the meantime, I finally know what the doctor thinks is causing the headaches if its not the PTC. So based on the spinal tap, I will know what the answer is soon.
If the pressures are normal, its migraines, and Dr. Pieper says we will have to medically manage them because they are winning on an average of 5 days each week.
He was also going to recommend a neurologist that is closer that specializes in Migraines, but in actuality, I don't know if I want a new doctor again, I kinda like Dr. Silverman. I know that by him not telling me he thinks they are migraines, he is pretty much trying to maintain his reputation if they aren't. The PTC was originally diagnosed as migraines when I was a kid and I was upfront with him about that back at the first appointment, so he knew the pressures were higher before any of the other symptoms appeared.

No comments: