Friday, October 24, 2008

What a Week!!

Well, its been a roller coaster of a ride.

My headaches have been truly out of control, What used to be a little scab on my leg from the itching is now almost the entire side (about 6 inches square) my eyes hurt and every inch of my body aches.

I sat this morning praying, crying out for some relief. I realized I am approaching an anniversary (in just a few weeks I will have been seeing Dr. Silverman for a full year) then I look back, I just passed the anniversary of when I realized that I was REALLY sick again. This week would have been the week I had the MRI, CT and X-Rays to verify the shunt wasn't working.

But that's not what overwhelmed me. What got me, was the fact that I was trying to prevent a problem from getting worse (my pressures were 36cm in December) and ended up with a lot of problems being worse.
Before I had the surgery in February, I had daily headaches that would keep me in bed, ringing in the ears and nausea that was enough to incapacitate me....after the surgery, I found out I had sleep apnea, Chiari Malformation, and my leg stopped working due to nerve damage...supposedly TEMPORARY nerve damage...now we are finding that that TEMPORARY damage may be permanent and 10 months later I STILL have all the original problems only exacerbated quite a bit.

I am scared, frustrated, hurt, in constant pain and just getting tired of trying to get better.
I have been fighting this battle uphill both ways for too long and its worn me out.

No comments: