Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back to School

Today we restarted school for Lauren, she wasn't thrilled, but she has it easy, she is getting her science off of Fetch with Ruff Ruffman on PBS, her summer Phonics also comes from PBS, from WordGirl, Read Between the Lions, Word World, and Reading Rainbow, she is an avid reader, so we aren't doing actual work there during the summer, and she is finishing off her K Math book, hopefully it will be done by the time September rolls around.

Yesterday homeschooling was reaffirmed an a very real way for me. We do not homeschool specifically for religious reasons or academic reasons but mostly to limit the bad influences of children who seem to think that rules are not meant to be followed and their respective mouths.
We met a few kids that live directly across the street, AHHH, I am going to have to be doing a LOT of supervising...I know its my job, and I am not upset by it, but these are older kids and I am not sure how excited I am....
They go home everytime they see me watching so far, but I am not going to let my 6 year old play unsupervised. Today she got in trouble for being behind the neighbors house, she does not belong that far away, and they went off upset because she was told she couldn't play over there.

This is not their house they were playing behind, but the one on the other side of the empty lot to our North. I don't need the neighbors getting upset with us this soon after we moved in, just because they aren't behaving.

No comments: