Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thank You Chiarians

After Tuesdays Pitty Party, and actual responses to it, I feel a lot less stressed. Every new diagnosis has literally scared me away from doctors.

Its funny, 10 years ago, it was "just" Pseudotumor Cerebri
7 years ago, I got the LP shunt put in, helped the headaches for about 4 years
2 years ago now, the headaches came back with a vengance, the dizziness, balance issues, pain in the back and neck, coordination problems (I always had these, so I just thought I was a klutz) and brain malfunctions (friends even noticed that I was having trouble) There are many more issues, but they weren't life altering all at once.
In February, when I went in to have my shunt replaced because of the pressure being up....I had a heart attack and was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea
I had a second opinion on my shunt in April after the surgeon that couldn't get it in the second time blew off the issues...
In May, I was blessed with a diagnosis of Chiari, and people wonder why I don't like doctors.

Now, after reading a lot of blogs and links to other people who actually have this massive mess of a....hmmm? Is it really a disease since its actually a malformation? Anyhow, reading the stories of others was really encouraging. While I am still really emotional, I am tired of not feeling good, but at least now I know why.

I am realizing that not only are these all connected, but they could potentially be made better. When the headaches started 19 years ago, I never expected them to go away, when I had the shunt put in, it was 4 years of heaven, but it would be so nice to lose the rest of the issues as well.

I am so greatful that God is in control and not me, I am sure I would mangle his plan especially since for the first time in ages, I was not prepared for what he has going on....those dreams helped immensely, it relieved the fears.
This is new territory not knowing whats going on.

I guess I need to end this, I keep losing my train of thought. Have a good night, and to those out there who suffer from PTC or Chiari, or both, learning you aren't alone is probably the biggest thing to help you get through this.

No comments: