Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Stray Kids

I know, I know, kids aren't strays, they belong SOMEWHERE, but why is it they land in MY yard?

We have only lived here two weeks and I have already discovered that I do not care for the stray kids from across the street. They keep picking at Lauren for not being allowed to leave the yard without an adult, and constantly doing things that we don't allow.

I am teaching her to resist temptation and not disobey no matter what, but its so hard on her when our rules are alot more strict than theirs...how do you explain that to a 6 year old?

These kids have no real rules, you can tell by the way they act and that you never see the parents out at all (they live right across the street) and we are very strict because I do not believe that a 6 year old needs to run rampant without supervision.

Call me old fashioned, but I would rather know where my kid is and what they are doing than not.

No comments: