Sunday, April 6, 2008

Its been an Amazing Weekend

Oh its been so long since I have been able to say that.

Friday we had a great time as a family.

Saturday morning, I went to pick up my CPAP machine and was trained on how to clean and care for it. I tried Sleeping with it Saturday night, its going to take a while to get used to since my pressure setting is 11. It wakes me up as soon as it hits full pressure every time.
I will continue to sleep in the living room, but tonight I am skipping the machine because I have to drive myself to my doctors appointment in Detroit tomorrow morning and I need to be able to sleep at least 3 hours straight.

This morning I got to go to church for the first time since the end of January. It was great, I missed it so much and I was actually missed as well. It felt really really good to be so welcomed and everyone asking how I was doing. I love my church.
This mornings service was on Abraham, and ironically how sometimes we have to go through things that aren't pleasant. He focused on how so often when something good happens we claim it as a blessing, but when something bad happens we rebuke the devil. In my case, I realized a long time ago, that God allows us to go through things, its our job though to learn from those circumstances and really grow from them. Always share Gods love wherever you are in whatever circumstances you happen to come upon. God is always a part of a Christian's life and he must be glorified even when the unpleasant things occur.

Romans 8:28 says All things work together for good to them that love God to them who are the called according to his purpose. It does not say SOME things, but rather ALL things, that would include the things that aren't pleasant. The things I have been through and have yet to go through are for a reason. I may not know what that reason is, but I do know that God is allowing it and I do know that he expects me to get something from it....what I take from this, and what my family takes because they are going through it with me...is still to be seen, but I do know its coming.

Ok, I am off my soapbox for now. Tomorrow I see the new Neurosurgeon, and I am actually kinda excited...I don't know what he is going to say, but I do know that a doctor I trust is sending me and I know that everythign will be ok.